Saturday 3 September 2011

Inspiration : What does the colour blue mean to me?

Radka Passianova talks about the inspiration behind her work for 10 Girls. 10 Colours. Blue.



What does the colour blue mean to me?



Water, ice, snow, air, bubbles, glass, cold, fresh, quiet, balance, stability, safety and communication.... these are the terms that are popping into my head when I think of the colour blue. All these terms are forming shapes in my head. Rather round, smooth and simple objects inviting to be touched and played with. Almost like air bubbles in the water. Objects that would make a sound that talks to us. Sound of wind, falling water or breaking glass.




To find out more about Radka's work check out her website http://www.radkapassianova.com.au







No comments:

Post a Comment